- Who are we?
This website is operated by Five Stars Shipping Company Private Limited, a company registered in India under the provisions of the Companies Act, 1956 under the registration number U35110MH1984PTC034346. Our registered address is Unit No.3, Brady Gladys Plaza, Senapati Bapat Road, Lower Parel, Mumbai 400013.
Any personal information provided to or gathered by the Club under this Privacy Notice will be stored and controlled by the Club (being the data fiduciary).
- What is the personal data that we collect?
We collect the following personal data about you:
- Processing your membership: The personal details you provide to us when submitting your registration form on the website. This includes your name, date of birth, gender, email address, contact details, address, marital status, children, profession, educational qualification and driving license details along with details of any vehicles that you may have including its registration number. We also collect information about your debit/credit card and bank account information provided by you to our payment service providers, that we require for the purpose of recording and processing order. For further details please also refer to the section below headed Payment Information.
- Other Information: Personal details you choose to give when corresponding with us by phone or e-mail, participating in user/customer/member surveys or otherwise visiting and interacting with this website, and personal data that you provide to us when you visit our Club and avail the services. We can also combine personal data that you provide to us with other information we collect about you when you make a reservation through third-party services (such as auto-component of fuel suppliers, insurance companies, etc.), as necessary to process your requests.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. When you visit our website, our servers record information (“Log Data“), including information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the website. This Log Data includes your Internet Protocol (“IP“) address (from which we understand the country you are connecting from at the time you visit the website), browser type and settings, the date and time of your request. We may use this information for internal analysis and to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content.
- Like many websites, we use “cookies” (Alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable our system to recognise your browser so we can recognize you as a member of the Club or a frequent visitor) and similar technologies to distinguish you from other users. This is to provide you with a good user experience when you browse our website and allows us to improve its features and provide additional features such as ‘Recommended for You’ or personalised advertisements.
- How we use your personal data?
We use your personal data in the following ways:
- To acknowledge, confirm and deal with your registration form. Such use of your data is necessary in order to implement your request of becoming a member of the Club.
- Where you are a member, provide you with member services, administer your member account and contact you regarding your use of the services. Such use is necessary to respond to or implement your request and for the performance of the contract between you and us.
- To complete and fulfil your any reservation for the purposes of providing you with the requested services, for example, to process your payment and provide you with related customer service, including sending confirmations or pre-arrival messages. Such use is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us.
- to contact you in connection with user/customer/member surveys and use any information you choose to submit in response, provided that you gave us your consent to being contacted in this way at the time you provided us with the personal data.
- To provide your information to selected third party service providers who act on our behalf to support our operations or would be providing Services which you as a member may avail of.
- The Club may provide you, or permit selected third party service providers to provide you, with information about goods or services, events and other promotions we feel may interest you as a customer. We (or such third-party providers) will contact you by email only with your consent, which was given at the time you provided us with the personal data.
As necessary for certain other legitimate business interests, which include the following:
- where we are asked to deal with any enquiries or complaints you make.
- to administer our website, to better understand how visitors interact with our website and ensure that our website is presented in the most effective manner for you.
- to conduct analytics to inform our marketing strategy and enable us to enhance and personalise the experience we offer to our members and our communications, including by creating member profiles to enable personalised direct marketing communications.
- to provide postal communications which we think will be of interest to you.
- if you ask us to delete your data or to be removed from our marketing lists and we are required to fulfil your request, to keep basic data to identify you and prevent further unwanted processing.
- to share personal data among different branches of the Club for administrative purposes, such as for providing customer services and in relation to our sales and marketing activities.
- for internal business/technical operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes and as part of our efforts to keep our website, network and information systems secure.
- to (a) comply with legal obligations, (b) respond to requests from competent authorities; (c) protect our operations; (d) protect our rights, safety or property; and (e) enforcing or defending legal rights, or preventing damage.
- We may use your personal data for other purposes which you have consented to at the time of providing your data.
- Disclosure of your information
Information about our users is an important part of our business and we do not sell any such information to others. We share your personal data with third parties in the following situations:
- Service Providers:The Club, like many businesses, sometimes hires selected third parties who act on our behalf to support our operations. In addition, the Club may enter into arrangements with third party service providers who would be providing services which you as a member may avail of such as (i) card processing or payment services (see the section below headed “Payment Information“), (ii) credit reference agencies to protect against possible fraud, (iii) IT suppliers and contractors (e.g. data hosting providers or delivery partners) as necessary to provide IT support and enable us to provide customer services and other goods/services available on this Site or to customers, (iv) web analytics providers, (v) providers of digital advertising services and (vi) providers of CRM, marketing and sales software solutions. Pursuant to our instructions, these parties may access, process or store your personal data in the course of performing their duties to us or any services which you have engaged them for.
- Business Transfers: if we sell our business or our company assets are acquired by a third party personal data held by us about our customers may be one of the transferred assets.
- Administrative and Legal Reasons: if we need to disclose your personal data (i) to comply with a legal obligation and/or judicial or regulatory proceedings, a court order or other legal process. (ii) to enforce our Terms & Conditions, or other applicable contract terms that you are subject to or (iii) to protect us, our customers, or contractors against loss or damage. This may include (without limit) exchanging information with the police, courts or law enforcement organisations.
- Promotional offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of our website users on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address.
- With your consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice in the event your information might go to third-parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
- Payment Information
Any credit/debit card payments and other payments you make through our website will be processed by our third party payment providers and the payment data you submit will be securely stored and encrypted by our payment service providers using up to date industry standards. Please note that we do not ourselves directly process or store the debit/credit card data that you submit.
We may arrange that card or payment data you submit in support of an order is stored for the purpose of processing your order. We store and use this card or payment information for the purpose of processing any future payments that you make as a customer for additional goods and services. We will store this data in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable law and only for so long as legally permitted.
You may choose to opt out of us holding your card or payment data although this means that you will need to re-supply us with card/payment details to for the purpose of making any future purchases.
- Security Precautions
Our website has stringent security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Once your information is in our possession we adhere to strict guidelines, protecting it against unauthorised access.
- Grievance Officer
If you have any concern about privacy at the Club, please contact us with a thorough description at the below contact details, and we will try to resolve it.
Name: Mr. Shrikrishna Navale
Address: Unit No.3, Brady Gladys Plaza, Senapati Bapat Road, Lower Parel, Mumbai 400013
Tel: 9122 40004000